Ripon’s Dickens of a Christmas Tour of Homes Information
Thank you for allowing us to include your home on the Tour of Homes, we greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Know that your help allows the Ripon Chamber to continue to provide a variety of programs for our members and the community.
We would like to present a basic timeline of what to expect from the Chamber in placing your home on the Tour of Homes. After our initial contact you can expect the following things to take place.
- A representative will contact you concerning your home description and a time to come take pictures of the home. If you have pictures you would like us to use in our publications please make sure they are high resolution images. In order to insure inclusion in our brochure we ask that all photos and descriptions be completed by September 30.
- Five weeks out from the event we will start our promotion of the event on Facebook. The description of your home and a few sneak peeks of inside the home will be included in these.
- Brochures and Tour of Home tickets will be printed and completed by October 31.
- Begin discussion with Floral Expressions at Webster’s Marketplace for your home.
- Tour of Homes signs will be placed in the yards of participating homes.
- Tickets will be available at the Ripon Chamber of Commerce, Ripon Drug, and Webster’s Marketplace. $10 in advance, $12 day of.
- Finalize Volunteer Schedule and provide training for volunteers and homeowners.
Week of Dickens
- Monday we will have 100 door tickets, seed money, shoe covers, and a gift for you available for Tour of Homes homeowners. You can either pick these items up at the Chamber or we will deliver to you. Please let us know.
- Please provide a chair, it may be a folding chair to allow those who may need to sit down to put on shoe covers.
Please realize the week of Dickens of a Christmas is extremely active, we would like to have as many things in your hands as possible early in the week. From time to time we do run into some delays but will assure you that all items will be provided to your location.
A few other notes to remember as you get set for the Tour of Homes
- Please assist the Chamber in finding volunteers for your home. Friends, relatives, co-workers all can make what is usually a hectic day a little easier. Volunteer training will be provided.
- If you plan on serving any food or drinks (not required) please make sure that an adequate amount of trash bags/trash receptacles are available and their locations are known along with restocking supplies to volunteers.
Laura Kegler: 920.539.6118
Jason Mansmith: 920.295.2556
Erica Schultz: 920.807.4144
Ripon Chamber of Commerce Office: 920.748.6764